HIGHLIGHTS OF THE HEARTLAND CFC
The Heartland CFC reaches out to over 67,000 Federal & Postal employees at more than 1,200 locations throughout Kansas and Western & Southern Missouri. The Federal Government is the largest employer in the Kansas City area.
In 2015, local federal employees donated over $2.8 million to their favorite local, national & international charities.
- The Heartland CFC is proud of our low administrative costs of 8.1% (lower than the national average of 13.8%) and well below the average nonprofit administrative rate of 25%.
- We had almost 900 Eagles Level Donors in 2015 - employees who contributed $1,000 or more.
- We had over 1,100 Community Investor Donors in 2015 - employees who contributed $500-999.
- We raised $144,455 in special events alone during the 2015 CFC.
- Both the average gift and per capita gift amounts for Heartland CFC in 2015 coincides with the average gift and per capita gift amounts nationally (based on a totals for 137 campaigns).
- Dollars received through online giving has increased by 8.2% percent, over 2014 donations.
- The Heartland CFC has received national recognition from the Office of Personnel Management for Creativity and Innovation during the 2015 campaign.
HEARTLAND CFC YOU ARE DOING AN AWESOME JOB
LET'S SURPASS THE NATIONAL AVERAGES BY AN EVEN GREATER AMOUNT IN 2016!!!
Read more about 2015 Heartland CFC
Counties Served by Heartland CFC
On January 25, 2016, South Central Kansas CFC merged into Heartland CFC. We now serve all counties in Kansas (except for Doniphan County) and 35 counties in Missouri, including Springfield area.
All counties (except for Doniphan County) - see the gray area on the map below:
Barry, Barton, Bates, Caldwell, Carroll, Cass, Cedar, Christian, Clay, Dade, Dallas, Douglas Greene, Henry, Hickory, Jackson, Jasper, Johnson, Laclede, Lafayette, Lawrence, Livingston, McDonald, Newton, Ozark, Pettis, Platte, Polk, Ray, Saline, Stone, Taney, Vernon, Webster and Wright Counties and Whiteman AFB - See the gray area on the map below:
National CFC Information
The CFC is an annual fundraising drive that provides an opportunity for federal civilian, postal, and military employees to donate to local, national, and international non-profit organizations. The CFC offers federal employees a way to easily and conveniently make a contribution to the good of society as a whole based on their own values. Contributors are not donating to the CFC, but THROUGH the CFC to support their favorite charities.
The CFC is the world’s largest and most successful annual workplace charity campaign. Conducted by the federal government under the authority of the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM), the CFC operates in more than 100 localities throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and in overseas military bases. This is the only authorized fundraising entity for federal government employees.
CLICK HERE FOR CFC REGULATIONS
In 2015, federal employees contributed $177,781,964 million to over 20,000 non-profit organizations through the CFC. Since the first campaign in 1964, federal employees have donated over $7 billion through CFC. The CFC runs from annually September 1 through December 15; however, each local CFC may have a shorter campaign season. The campaign dates for our local 2016 CFC are September 26 through December 2.
Non-Profit Agency Selection
All decisions regarding the inclusion of agencies in a local CFC campaigns rest with the local CFC Board of Directors, called the Local Federal Coordinating Committee (LFCC). The Board of Directors is composed of Federal employees and representatives of labor unions with Federal employees as members. Every year, the local Board of Directors selects one of the voluntary organizations involved in the CFC to manage the campaign and serve as fiscal agent. This agency, called the Principal Combined Fund Organization (PCFO), manages the CFC. OPM sets strict requirements for this role, including annual audits of the PCFO by an independent CPA. The current PCFO of the Heartland Combined Federal Campaign is United Way of Greater Kansas City.